Thursday, May 3, 2012

Presley's Meadow

I found this small meadow covered in Grass Widow's while on one of my weekly long runs in the Columbia River Gorge. These beautiful flowers added some nice color to the otherwise, cold, soggy, gray day. I stopped to photograph them right in the middle of a 3000 ft climb up Casey Creek Trail. After shooting for about 20 minutes I willed my heavy legs to continue on up to Nick Eaton Ridge. Once on top the narrow 4000 ft ridge I descended through patchy snow back down to Herman Creek.

I'm naming this meadow after my niece, Presley, who came into this magnificent world early this morning. Welcome Presley Renee Fisher!!


Grass Widow wildflowers, drooping from the cold, rainy conditions, carpet a small hanging meadow in the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon, Olympus E-PM1, 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R, F11, 1/60th sec, 23mm, ISO 320
Grass Widow wildflowers, speckled with raindrops from a passing shower, show off their vivid color under a light overcast sky, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon, Olympus E-PM1, 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R, F11, 1/60th sec, 42mm, ISO 400



No comments: