Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Headed home

After 2 epic weeks spent exploring the southeast Oregon desert, I think I'm ready to head home. I explored some amazing places for the first time: Leslie Gulch, Three Forks on the Owyhee River and the Pillars of Rome. I have many new and exciting photos to share in the coming weeks. Capturing the sunrise light over the Owyhee River this morning after a light dusting of snow has to be one of the highlights of my photographic career. Hearing the coyotes howl while watching the rugged canyon walls and sagebrush slopes come alive with winter light is an experience that will always stay with me. I exposed 6 sheets of 8 x 10 film. Lets hope I got the exposures right....

Now that my sights are set for the west side of the Cascades, I thought I'd share an image I took of a good friend while we were backpacking the Oregon coast last month. He is always a good sport when I ask him to pose in one of my photos. He was recently featured in Natures Best Magazine when a photo I made of him on top of Mount Mcloughlin won a highly honored award.

Sunbeams filter though the coastal fog along the Oregon coast, near Cape Perpetua. Olympus E-PM1, Olympus 14-42 lens

No comments: